If you're looking for summer reading programs for kids in Worcester and the surrounding areas, you're in luck! There are several programs available for free this year, and they provide a great opportunity to keep your kids engaged and learning throughout the summer months. Whether your kids look forward to these programs every year or this is their first time participating, there are plenty of options to choose from. From local libraries to national initiatives, summer reading programs are a fantastic way to encourage children to develop a love of reading while enjoying the warm weather and long days of summer.
- At Barnes and Noble, This coupon entitles each customer to receive one eligible title for free while supplies last. Grades 1-6 are eligible.
- Read any eight books this summer and record them in your Summer Reading Journal. Tell us which part of the book is your favorite, and why.
- Bring your completed journal to a Barnes & Noble store from July 1st - August 31st.
- Choose your FREE reading adventure from the book list featured on the back of the journal.
- Showcase Cinema hosts Bookworm Wednesdays, 2023 dates and info are coming soon! Bookworm Wednesdays entitles kids to free movie admission to a select children's film when they present a book report at a participating Cinema de Lux, Showcase, or Multiplex Cinemas box office. Accompanying parents or guardians and children under six years of age receive free admission and do not need to submit a book report.
- The Worcester Public Library: Join us for Summer Reading 2023 - For All Ages! June 3 - August 12, 2023. Join us as we get Summer Library Fest started with our Summer Reading Parties!
Burncoat Branch: Thursday, June 1 from 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Tatnuck Magnet Branch: Friday, June 2 from 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Great Brook Valley Branch: Saturday, June 3 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Goddard Branch: Monday, June 5 from 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Roosevelt Branch: Friday, June 9 from 3:30 - 5 p.m.
Main Library: Saturday, June 10 from 11 a.m. - 1 p.m.
Frances Perkins Branch: Friday, June 16 from 3:30 - 5 p.m.
- Chuck E. Cheese's in Worcester is offering 10 free tokens for children that read a book every day for 2 weeks. Print the 2023 form here and bring it in to claim your 10 free play points.
- Scholastic is offering a virtual summer reading program (Summer Home Base) beginning on May 4th and running until September 7th. Log your reading minutes online and track your progress to win virtual prizes. Registration information is here.
- The Shrewsbury Public Library’s Summer Reading Program for children information is coming soon!