2024 Eclipse Celebration at the EcoTarium

Monday April 8, 2024 12:00 pm - 5:00 pm
EcoTarium222 Harrington WayWorcester MA 01604
Google Map

Notes regarding time

Museum opens 10 a.m. Event at 11 a.m.


Free Admission Day: 2024 Eclipse Celebration!
Monday, April 8, 2024
12:00 – 5:00 pm

A total solar eclipse is arcing across the country, and we’re near its path! To celebrate our closest approach to totality until 2079, we’re breaking the rules and opening with FREE ADMISSION all afternoon. Join us on Sundial Plaza with a chair, a blanket, or even a whole picnic as we watch the Moon cover the Sun. And while you’re here, explore extrasolar planets, build your own solar system, or head inside to the planetarium and investigate eclipses from beyond the atmosphere. Stop by for an afternoon at the EcoTarium that will be out of this world!

Daily Schedule:

  • 12:00 pm – Museum Opens!
  • 1:00 pm – Science Discovery: Terrific Telescopes
  • 1:45 pm – Astronomy Live: Exciting Eclipses (Educator-led program in the Planetarium)*
  • 2:45 pm – Science Discovery: Exoplanets
  • 3:28 pm – Maximum Eclipse!
  • 4:00 pm – Astronomy Live: The Sky Over Time (Educator-led program in the Planetarium)*

*Requires a ticket and limited seats available; not included with admission.

Ongoing Activities, 12:00 pm – 4:30 pm:

  • Telescope Viewing through Solar Filters
  • Pocket Solar System
  • Exoplanets

All programs will take place on Sundial Plaza (weather permitting) unless otherwise noted.

Safety Note:

Never look directly at the Sun with your unaided-eye during a partial solar eclipse. At the moment of maximum eclipse, the Moon will cover about 93% of the Sun as seen from Worcester — even the remaining 7% is enough to damage our eyes.

Throughout the afternoon, EcoTarium educators will use certified eclipse glasses and telescopes fitted with solar filters to view the eclipse, and we encourage you to only do the same!

Get Tickets


April 8
12:00 pm - 5:00 pm


All ages




+ Add to Google Calendar   + Add to Apple Calendar